STAINLESS STEEL BEARINGS
MMB Bearings is your trusted stainless steel bearings distributor with one of the largest stocks of bearings in the United States, including miniature stainless steel bearings. Stainless steel is the name of a family of iron-based alloys that has a minimum chromium content of 10.5 percent. The chromium content is what gives stainless steel its superior resistance to corrosion and heat. For example, stainless steel is approximately 200 times more resistant to corrosion than steel alloys without chromium.
The following are some of the favorable physical and mechanical properties of stainless steel:
- Corrosion resistant
- High and low temperature resistance
- Very durable
- Easy fabrication and formability
- Long-lasting service life
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- High tensile strength
- Shiny and attractive appearance
- Environmentally friendly and recyclable
Stainless steel bearings are recommended where temperature and corrosion are an issue. For example, they can withstand high temperatures that exceed 650° F. Stainless steel is required in applications requiring high levels of corrosion resistance to fresh water, salt water, crude oil, steam, and chemicals. For medical, pharmaceutical, and food-processing applications, stainless steel bearings can withstand harsh wash-down, steam cleaning, and sterilization environments.
GRADES OF STAINLESS STEEL
There are more than 60 grades of stainless steel in which each grade varies based on their composition and physical properties. In general, the composition of stainless steel includes varying amounts of chromium, carbon, phosphorous, nickel, manganese, and molybdenum. Also, the grades help describe the properties of the stainless steel alloy, including corrosion and temperature resistance, magnetic response, toughness, ductility, weldability, and work hardening.
As your comprehensive stainless steel distributor, MMB Bearings carries all grades of bearings, including miniature stainless steel bearings, roller bearings, and virtually any type of bearing you will need. The following are some of the most commonly used and sold grades of stainless steel bearings that we offer:
- AISI 304 series. Contains both chromium and nickel with excellent drawing properties and good formability. Nonmagnetic and highly resistant to corrosion, acids, and chemicals.
- AISI 316 series. Best suited to support low-capacity loads and low speeds, because it cannot be hardened by heat treatment. Highly corrosion resistant and also non-magnetic.
- AISI 440C series. Consist of a higher chromium content (up to 18%), which gives them superior corrosion and heat resistant properties. Most suitable grade to meet the full-load capacity of a standard bearing. Known as the “general purpose” stainless steel.
- AISI 630 series. Superior corrosion resistance than 440C stainless steel. Can be hardened by heat treatment to support heavy-load capacities and high-rotation applications.
APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
MMB Bearings is your stainless steel bearings distributor that serves a broad range of markets and industries. The following are some of the most common applications and industries that use various types of stainless steel bearings.
- Food processing
- Chemical processing
- Military and defense
- Oil and gas
- Instrumentation and automation
- Machine tools
- LCD and semiconductors
- Power generation
- Sports and recreation (fishing reels and skateboards)
- Vacuum and clean environments
over 100 years of combined experience
WHY CHOOSE MMB BEARINGS?
MMB Bearings is one of the nation’s largest stocking distributors and suppliers of high-quality ball and roller bearings, including miniature stainless steel bearings. We have been in business for over 40 years and are an ISO 9001:2015 certified stocking distributor. With millions of dollars of cost inventory that is stocked in a climate controlled warehouse, we are ready to fulfill all your bearing needs. We offer the top brands in the industry, including NMB, Schaeffler (Barden, FAG, INA) GRW, NHBB, EZO, and Timken, and have a bearing solution for virtually every application.
We also over white room cleaning services, including cleaning, relubrication, repackaging, labeling, and kit services to help extend the service life of your bearings. We also offer custom lubrication services to help you find the right lubricant for such applications as clean-room, high temperature, food and beverage processing, medical, and low torque.
Our helpful staff is here to support you with over 100 years of combined bearing experience and knowledge. We also offer expedited and same-day shipping upon request. At MMB Bearings, we are ready to be your supply chain provider and one‑stop source for all of your bearing requirements.